Monday 1 April 2013

Neil & Angie's Wedding cake

I made my first ever wedding cake this weekend! Was excited and nervous at the same time as everything had to be perfect. If I didn't do one tier perfectly I had to start again, and it was all buttercream!
Never thought I'd say this, but fondant is so much easier to deal with. Buttercream is not my friend.
I find it hard to do anything in a straight line. Kind of like writing without lined paper. Piping is just as hard! so with the top tier, if I started going on a slight angle I had to start again! In the end I just figured that I'd do a couple of dots, stop and look at it from a distance, then continue on.

The bride and groom wanted the cake in a purple theme. So much purple! Ombre top tier, plain middle and roses on the bottom. We found the inspiration off one of my favourite internet places in the world!... PINTEREST! http://pinterest.com/pin/419045940297840948/

It was a mudcake lovers dream with the tiers being white chocolate, caramel and dark chocolate!
I even managed to get the company - MotionCAM Design to replicate the same cake topper but in white.

I really loved making it, even though I had to work through the public holiday. Blessing really, because at least my partner and my mum were off work and they could look after Eva. And the newly weds loved it too :)

2 comments:

  1. Great work Eva! I don't think I could do that! True talent and patience!

    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kim :) Had a very late night and an early start!

    ReplyDelete