Wednesday 24 April 2013

My first attempt at making fondant Gerberas

Yesterday I tried making fondant Gerberas for the first time.

I probably should have practised them before I made this cake, but my mum came to me a week beforehand asking for a wedding cake for a short notice wedding (her best friend was going to get married at a registry! But they convinced her to have a nice simple wedding in Raglan, right next to the beach)



The cake I made is a bit smaller than the other couple of wedding cakes I have made, each tier was about 5cm high.

I think the chocolate fondant really brought out the colour of the flowers and apparently I even got the shades of the pink and orange to match the bouquet!... Pure chance really, as my mum had just said to me "Just make a two tier chocolate cake with chocolate icing and pink/orange flowers on the sides and a big bunch on the top".

The ribbon is made from fondant and the "bouquet" of flowers on the top got wired into a floral-tape covered half polystyrene ball.

Easy peasy and tastes delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment