Saturday 13 April 2013

Baby Rump cake

I love baby showers. It's great being able to make a pregnant lady feel good and have some fun before the baby arrives. The one thing I wish I had at my baby shower now, is a great cake. I only started baking once Eva was born, but means I know for next time... And by next time I mean a few years away haha I'm quite happy with my one and only destructo-master who is turning one in a week! 

This cake means a lot to me. I looked at it today and was so proud of my progress, as it was only five months ago that I started getting into decorating with fondant. And my first ever fondant cake was a baby rump cake!

This is the one I made last night...

There's a few tutorials out on how to make these cakes, I personally like to make the babies bum out of cake instead of RKT. The legs and feet are just made with fondant as I found it easier to mould the shapes. So pretty much all edible!

If you are curious to see how my work has improved, make sure you check out this blog post...
I am proud of my cakes, and lots of love and time goes into them... However I'm liking the cleaner line of the fondant base compared to the buttercream. What do you think?

1 comment: